Project Vanguard Shortlisted for a climate response award
Our joint Project with Cheshire East Council, Hydrogen refuelling depot has been short listed for a Climate Response award in LGC awards
Our joint project (project vanguard, Hydrogen refuelling depot) with Cheshire East Council has been shortlisted for the climate response category of the Local Government Chronicle Awards - taking place in November.
A great example of how we are working together to reduce our carbon emissions and protect the future sustainability of our beautiful borough.
The central refuelling station will dispense hydrogen to “dual-fuel” refuse trucks and a Storengy UK vehicle, the benefits of the project are:
- Innovative step towards Cheshire East Council’s target of net-zero by 2025
- Reduction in CO2 emissions, by nearly 30 tons annually, this will lead to increased engine efficiency
- Reduce diesel use by more than 10,000 litres per year
- 1st project to claim Renewable Transport Fuel Certificates for H2 in the UK
- Air quality benefits for local community - trucks are in use 5 days per week
Read more here: https://bit.ly/3l1h2yZ